An estimated 15% of the population in Ghana are persons with disabilities. Centre for Employment for People with Disabilities (CEPD Ghana) is one of Ghana’s leading providers of employment services for persons with disabilities (PWDs) and for people experiencing complex barriers to work. Through working with many leading employers, we enable individuals to identify, develop and make the most of their abilities to enjoy rewarding and fulfilling work. Our wide range of employment services are tailored to the needs of employers, jobseekers, and employees experiencing long-term absence from work due to sickness.
Hiring PWDs – Myths & Facts
We Work With Employers:
- In auditing the accessibility of their facility for persons with disabilities
- Training employers to be aware and understand how to facilitate the workplace for persons with disabilities.
COOPERATE TRAINING ON DISABILITIES
Training staff on disability issues is an important tool for companies to promote positive work environment within the company and change negative attitude towards people with disabilities in the workplace.
Business can request staff to receive disability awareness training to explore misconceptions and learn best practices for interviewing, accommodating, communicating and working with people with disability.
The training topics include, but are not limited to:
- Attitudes and perceptions towards persons with disabilities.
- Historical perception of society
- General studies and statistics on disabilities
- Information on the Ghanaian disability Act 2006 (Act)
- Tips on interviewing, accommodating and communicating with employees with disabilities
- Resources to businesses: this interactive training is provided to businesses both on an individual and group basis.
DATABASE ON POTENTIAL EMPLOYEES
Access to information on disabled people is very important in the work of the centre. The centre gathers information on what qualification exist among people with disabilities. This is done through our online job board where disabled jobseekers register at the comfort of their homes and locations. This reduces the burden of traveling to the employment centre.
POLICY ANALYSIS AND MONITORING
The centre carries out the monitoring and analysis of employment policies to identify weaknesses and strengths in ensuring fair employment practices.
Making your organization accessible makes good business and helps attract a wider pool of customers and a more diverse range of qualified employees. In addition, it assists your organization to meet the disability Act, 2006 (Act 715). However, just how accessible is your organisation to people that want and need to interact with you?
An accessibility audit assists your business to identify your strengths and barriers to access including:
- Physical access to building and premises
- Availability of accessible transportation to your location
- Methods of accessing your organization’s services
- Training and staff awareness
- Practice and procedures
CEPD ACCESS SERVICE DELIVERS:
A formal audit report with suggestion for cost effective practical solutions
- A clear action plan for improvement
- Clearly highlighted priority which can contribute to your risk management strategy
- Advice regarding issues which are potential and safety risk
- Recommendations for good practice
With numerous years of experience in supporting disabled people to gain and maintain employment, CEPD staff is uniquely placed to assist your organization to grow your customer base and to gain a rich pool of employees.
today for one of our many services:
An Accessibility Audit
Cooperate Training on Disabilities
Hiring a Persons with Disability
CEPD Access Service
Tel: +233244620971 or +233307034990
Our dedicated team will respond to you as soon as possible.
LIST YOUR BUSINESS IN OUR DATABASE or SEARCH FOR A POTENTIAL EMPLOYEE